Palmetto Battalion

The Civil War Reenactors Organization Of South Carolina
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nominations
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 pm 

These people have been nominated for the following positions.

Colonel, Claude Sinclair

Lt Colonel , Fred Polston

Sgt Major, Adam Moore

Major of Artillery, Ken Moore

Bert Miller Award, Mike Short

If you have a nomination you can do it now ,or , nominations will be taken from the floor at the meeting Sun. Sept. 25th
Sid Keisler
Adj. PB

The extended deadline has passed for dues. only members that have paid as of Aug 1st and have made 3 events will be able to vote at elections or hold office on the PB staff.

Last edited by dixieboy on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Nominations
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:21 pm 

Sid...I know its early but, are you posting accepted nominations or any and all nominations being tossed out there ?....it would be helpful if we were only looking at members that are interested...it seemed awkward to wait til election day to identify who's in...or am I wrong?....for me...If I was going to nominate someone...I would ask him if he was interested beforehand.......

In a crisis, don't hide behind anything or anybody. They're going to find you anyway.
Bear Bryant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:52 pm 

Yes, it would be a good idea to make sure that the person nominated would be willing to serve if elected. So , If you have someone in mind , ask if they will except the nomination before posting their name.

Sid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 am 

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Battalion,
In response to Sid and Jerry's comments, I will post my reply. I humbly accept the nomination for Sgt. Major. I am very committed to seeing the Battalion into the 150th season of events and beyond, and I can think of no better way than serving on Battalion Staff. Sgt. Major is a position that is very, very valuable to the Battalion, and I feel that I will serve with distinction. I don't know how I will fill the shoes of those who have served before me (if I am elected). Men like Buckshot, Rick Davis, Claude, Ernie, and Fred, have created a shoe size 1 million wide for me to fill, but I will strive everyday, on the field and off, to do what is best for the Battalion. Claude and Fred will be excellent mentors! Thank you for you consideration and support! See you on the field!!!!!!!!!!

I Remain,
Your Obedient Servant,
Adam Moore
Lt. B Company
Sgt. Major nominee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:23 am 

I also accept the nomination for Lt. Colonel. I look forward, if elected, to continue the work that Bruce and Claude have started by taking the Palmetto Battalion into the 150ths. I also have big shoes to fill and with knowledge and guidance from all commanders of the Palmetto Battalion past and present, I feel I am up to the task.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:05 pm 

I hope this year the Palmetto Battalion will come together for the 150th events coming up.... :thumbsup ...

In a crisis, don't hide behind anything or anybody. They're going to find you anyway.
Bear Bryant

Last edited by Jerry McLamb on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:25 am 

I nominate Mike Short for Bert Miller Service Award.
Mike is an assett at many levels. In addition to looking after the spiritual needs of the Battalion for over 12 years he often takes the field for artillery. Mike is a major planner and worker for the anual event at Brattonsville. Very sledom do we have an event, in state or out, that Mike is not there for the weekend and with an inspiriational message on Sunday morning.
In 2011 Mike made a superhuman effort to honor the memory of our deceased comrades. Mike had an important debate in his congressional bid, completed that and left for River's Br, arrived at the event in time to inuagurate through prayer our memorial campfire, and on Sunday continued by delivering a Christain message in memory of our deceased members.
Mike contacts members as a Christian support when we have times of distress. Mike is the kind of friend that no one person can know all the things he has done to benefit our organization. Every one of us has an example of his support and the examples would list near 100.
Though in this year of the begining of the 150th we have many members who have put a lot of work in the Battalion I propose we take this year, 2011, the 150th Anniversary year, to acknowledge our pard Mike Short and his 15+ years of dedicated service to the Battalion.
dp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:56 pm 

David wrote:
I nominate Mike Short for Bert Miller Service Award.
Mike is an assett at many levels. In addition to looking after the spiritual needs of the Battalion for over 12 years he often takes the field for artillery. Mike is a major planner and worker for the anual event at Brattonsville. Very sledom do we have an event, in state or out, that Mike is not there for the weekend and with an inspiriational message on Sunday morning.
In 2011 Mike made a superhuman effort to honor the memory of our deceased comrades. Mike had an important debate in his congressional bid, completed that and left for River's Br, arrived at the event in time to inuagurate through prayer our memorial campfire, and on Sunday continued by delivering a Christain message in memory of our deceased members.
Mike contacts members as a Christian support when we have times of distress. Mike is the kind of friend that no one person can know all the things he has done to benefit our organization. Every one of us has an example of his support and the examples would list near 100.
Though in this year of the begining of the 150th we have many members who have put a lot of work in the Battalion I propose we take this year, 2011, the 150th Anniversary year, to acknowledge our pard Mike Short and his 15+ years of dedicated service to the Battalion.
dp

Well said!! Louise Murray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:48 am 
Site Admin

"...those who have served before me (if I am elected). Men like Buckshot, Rick Davis, Claude, Ernie, and Fred..."

Let me add to that Gary and Cletus. My apologies to the men that served as Sgt. Major whose names I cannot remember.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 am 

Tom and all,
Forgive me for not prefacing that statement with the words "the Sgt Majors during my career in living history". If someone has a complete list of Sgt Majors, I would love to have it.

I remain,
YOS,
Adam Moore
Lt. B Company
Battalion Sgt Major nominee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:23 am 

Also Snellgrove, can't forget when we had brothers Scott and Chris leading the Battalion in the early 90's.

Sgt. Maj.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:04 pm 

I would like to nominate Ken Moore for the position of Major of Artillery.

Claude Sinclair
2nd Sgt. C Company
Major, Carolina Legion Staff